- Fluorescence Tutorials: video presentations on principles of fluorescence. Anyone unsure of how a flow cytometer works will greatly benefit from watching these videos.
- BD Training and e-learning: introduction to flow cytometry and cell sorting.
- An Introduction to Compensation for Multicolor Assays on Digital
- Guidelines for Planning a Cell Sorting Experiment
- FlowJo licenses can be requested in iLab.
- FCS Express: a flow cytometry and image quantitation software. The interface resembles Microsoft Office and was designed to be intuitive and easy to learn. Access to FCS Express 6 Flow Cytometry is available upon request using an Internet dongle.
- Cytobank (Basic platform): free flow cytometry analysis software.
- Flowlogic developed by Inivai Technologies and distributed by Miltenyi Biotec.
- Sharefile for transferring data generated by cytometers
- Principles of Fluorochrome Selection for Polychromatic Flow Cytometry
- Fluorophore Brightness:
- Fluorochrome/Laser Reference Chart: a list of fluorochromes from BD.
- Cell cycle analysis:
- Considerations on the effect of fixatives and cell permeabilization reagents on antibody binding to cells:
- Fluorescence Spectra Analyzer (Biolegend)
- Fluorescence Spectrum Viewer (BD)
- Fluorescence Spectra Viewer (Invitrogen/Life Technologies/Thermo)
- FPbase - a free and open-source, community-editable database for fluorescent proteins. FPbase includes spectral data on non-protein fluorchromes as well.
Don't see what you need? Visit our getting started page for some of our frequently asked questions.
Acknowledging the Flow Core Lab
Please acknowledge our lab in your publications! We have no standard format for acknowledging the lab; simply mention under Materials and Methods or in the Acknowledgements section of your paper that you used equipment or had cells sorted in the Flow Cytometry Core Laboratory at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute.